#Writing #Teachers: The 2019 Bechtel Prize from @twc_org
The submissions period for the 2019 Bechtel Prize is open until December 2. Here’s an explanation from the Teachers & Writers website:
Teachers & Writers Collaborative (T&W) awards the annual Bechtel Prize to the author of a submission that explores creative writing, the imagination, and/or imaginative writing and arts education. The 2019 Bechtel Prize judge is Gabriel Brownstein.
Past submissions for the Bechtel Prize have:
- Addressed vital issues in creative writing and arts education;
- Provided first-hand accounts of a formative experience teaching writing:
- Explored the writing life, the process of becoming a writer, or early experiences with literature and the imagination;
- Discussed how poets and writers nurture their creativity;
- Offered portraits of key teachers and mentors in the author’s life.
For the 2019 award, T&W is particularly interested in submissions that address one or more of the following questions:
- How does the current political climate influence the way you teach writing? Has your approach changed as a result of the political and social context of the last two years?
- Why is it important to teach imaginative writing, and what have you learned by doing this work?
To read the full guidelines, click here.